Parish Beatification / Cleanup
September 11 @ 8:00 am - 2:00 pm
Save the date for September 11th, 2021 from 8am to 2pm. This is an all-hands-on-deck date. Can you swipe a dust cloth? Can you swing a pick axe? Do you like to throw things away? How about organizing? Can you swipe a paint brush? Would you like to demolition an old bathroom? We have work for you!
We have a treasure in our beautiful parish, but that beauty takes work! Gene Mattler and Mike Arlt are spearheading this effort. (A great opportunity for Confirmation or High School service hours, btw!). We need young and old alike to get this done.
We’ll have coffee and donuts in the morning, and a BBQ lunch provided by the Knights of Columbus. Come for the whole day, or come for an hour.
Questions? Willing to help out? Have heavy equipment to loan? Contact Gene (314 280 0266) or Mike (314 603 3548) or the parish office – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Task: To pull all items that could be re-purposed for anyone to pick up.
The Day Of:
Description of work to be done: Demo old restrooms, clean out and re-organize.
- Demo bathrooms.
- Empty shed.
- Organize everything going back in.
- Sledge hammers
- Claw hammers
Description of work to be done: Painting.
- Foundation of Church and Rectory.
- Handrails and doors at the back of schools.
- Joseph house front planter boxes.
- Fill in:
- Joseph foundation. (Small amount)
- Joseph side door frame.
- Drop cloths
- Roller buckets and pans
- Roller pads
- Power wash foundations.
- Weed eat around planters in front of St. Joseph house.
Glaze and Paint Church Windows.
- Wire brushes
Repair St. Joseph retaining wall.
Description of work to be done: Repair rock retaining wall at St. Joseph house.
- Dig along wall
- Insert pipes through wall
- Tuckpoint voids
- Backfill with rock
- Level sidewalk
Remove sidewalk in front of St. Joseph House.
- Dig out sidewalk running parallel with Third St.
- Fill with rock on the east side of perpendicular sidewalk.
- Fill with sod on the west side of the perpendicular sidewalk.
- Skid steer
Deep Clean St. Joseph House.
- Cleaning supplies
- Pull weeds
- Level mulch
- Demo sign
- Seed and straw where needed
- Fill in trench east of St. Joseph house
- Remove weeds and trees from around St. Joseph house